Fiber Patch Placement (FPP) enables a new combination of productivity, ﬂexibility and costs. It offers efﬁciency even at low volumes through flexible and scalable automation. Adapted to the size and complexity of a component, the technology works additively in “sensible increments”, so called fiber patches. This enables automation for complex 3D shapes, multi-material laminates and locally loadadjusted fiber designs, resulting in efficient lightweight solutions with a remarkably improved buy-to-fly ratio.
Benefits of additive Fiber Patch Placement
- Digitized, automated process chain
- Multi-material lay-up capabilities (carbon, glass, adhesives, etc.)
- Quick and economical product changes
- 100% self-corrective raw material and placement control
- 20% – 60% cost saving compared to manual lay-up
- Full automation for complex 3D shapes